20 Years of Google
Google has been alive and functioning for 20 years, completely changing the landscape of our lives and becoming a permanent feature of our daily routine. A tool so useful that it is hard to imagine a life before the search engine was at the end of our fingertips. Bringing with it Gmail, Google Chrome, Google Ads and Google Home etc. Continuously revolutionising Digital Marketing and traditional advertising. Type into Google ‘Google in 1998’ for a preview of what the search engine used to look like! Spoiler below:
To celebrate the Search Engine Results Page’s (SERP’s) birthday, Google released some fun insider knowledge about the search patterns of it’s users. Facts that only Google would know. Have a look at some of them below:
- We have always searched for dog more than any other animal.
- Corvette was the most searched sports car from 1999 to 2008 when it was overtaken by the Camaro.
- Anna Kournikova was the most searched athlete from 1999 to 2004.
- Jessica Alba was the most searched actress from 2005 to 2007.
- 1984 was the 3rd most searched book of 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, and from 2014 to 2018.
- Kaka was the 2nd most searched soccer player of 2009 and 2010. See below:
- We searched for Mario Balotelli in 2012 more than ever.
- Ronda Rousey was the most searched athlete of 2015.
- We have always searched for Martin Luther King more than any other author. See below:
The term ‘Google it’ is synonymous with our digital and technological era, and so ingrained in our day to day. It was the the first of many tech phrases to pierce our culture, changing it irreversibly. Other examples being phrases such as ‘netflix and chill’ and ‘uber it.’
Digital technology and apps have replaced dictionaries, maps and traditional TV making us more connected than ever and allowing advertisers to reach their customers more than ever before.
Being a Google Premier Partner, please contact KAU Media Group today